Photograph
Cockshutt Golden Arrow from 1950s

The original Cockshutt factor was founded by James G. Cockshutt in 1877. Located in Brantford, Ontario, James operated the company until it was incorporated in 1882. Primarily a plow manufacturer, Cockshutt started producing tractors in 1947 with the Model 30, the first tractor ever produced with live power take off. By 1957 seven different models of tractors were being produced. The company was acquired by the Oliver Corporation in 1962. Prior to 1947 Cockshutt sold "branded" tractors from Hart-Parr and later Oliver. (Thanks to Wayne Buchanan for updated information.) Also, visit the International Cockshutt Club at http://www.cockshutt.com.

 

Generated by Web Album Generator